"Sing to the LORD, all the earth! Tell of His salvation from day to day. Declare His glory among the nations, His marvelous works among all the peoples! For great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised." ~1 Chronicles 16:23-25a~

Thursday, May 13, 2010

God's Goodness

"A great many things in God's divine providence do not look to the eye like goodness. But faith sits down before mysteries such as these, and says, 'The Lord is good, therefore all that He does must be good no matter how it looks. I can wait for His explanations.'"

~Hannah Whitall Smith~

2 Corinthians 12:7-10, "So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited. Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

I may not know why God puts certain circumstances in my life, but I know that He will sustain me through them and that His glory will be manifested through them. I can be confident that He will give me strength because He will give me grace to make it through. In the midst of a trial, I may not be able to see its good or purpose, but I can have faith that the Lord has ordained it as a good thing because He is good. Therefore, I can endure and have faith in the hope and rest to come once it or this life has passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment