When I got home from small groups tonight I took the time to pause and look up at the night sky. As I stood looking at the few scattered stars and the moon, I was reminded of our up-coming annual church family camp where you can see billions of stars. Good memories. And then I also remembered that I will not be able to go camping this year because of heading back to school. Bad/sad reminder. Well, all of these reminders brought the following thought into my mind: “Growing up stinks!!!”
Now I sort of thought this as a joke but at the same time I was serious. Oh, to be a kid again without worries and responsibility. =P Life seemed so much simpler. And yet I don’t think I would want to go back to being a kid again because now I understand the reality of Heaven just a little bit better…a place of rest from sin…a place with no worries…a place to worship our Lord and Savior forever. As I fall more in love with the Gospel and my Savior and see more of my sin and the sin of the world, the more I long for my eternal home. To be free from sin…to be free to worship my Savior and have no distractions while doing it…oh what a glorious day that will be!
O For That Day
by Enfield
We are pilgrims on Earth and we long to be home
We were exiled in birth and wandered alone
Until Jesus the Lamb who was slain in our place
Redeemed us and claimed us His own
We have hope in the place where suffering ends
All our tears wiped away and worship ascends
Where our Savior now sits at the right hand of God
Our Defender, Redeemer and Friend
O for that day when our journey has ended
All of our hope found in Heaven's reward
When we will have the Messiah forever
And we will dwell in the house of the Lord
Yes, we will dwell in the house of the Lord
No comments:
Post a Comment