"Sing to the LORD, all the earth! Tell of His salvation from day to day. Declare His glory among the nations, His marvelous works among all the peoples! For great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised." ~1 Chronicles 16:23-25a~

Monday, May 23, 2011

Reasons for Reading “Don’t Waste Your Life”

As I mentioned a few days ago, I began reading the book Don’t Waste Your Life by John Piper. So far it has been really good!

I had a few reasons I picked up the book. First, I am looking for a book to go through (or at least to talk through) with the girls in my small group next year at college. Second, this book by Piper was one of the books we read in Biblical Fundamentals my freshman year at The Master’s College. I remember thinking it was good but that I did not really take the time to soak it in being it was a busy semester. Therefore, I figured it would be good to reread.

As I am reading through it this time, I am making notes in a journal of my favorite sections of the book as well as I am summarizing main points. The posts that follow this one will be some of my thoughts correlated with different sections of the book and the notes I take on it. I hope and pray that the Lord would use this book and the truth of God’s Word to change me and that you might also be changed by the power of Christ and His Holy Spirit speaking through His Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment