So tomorrow I have the privilege of starting work for the summer. Yeah! =] Actually, I am very excited; it will be a nice change of pace from the last three weeks.
A big part of the reason I am excited to start work is because of the people I am getting to work with. I had this same job last summer and absolutely loved it because of who I got to work with. I was greatly blessed to be around a lot of believers as well as nonbelievers. The director of the summer school program is a believer and his son and I went to the same high school. (His son was 3 years ahead of me.) The office director used to work at my old high school and I had her husband as my health teacher sophomore year; she is a wonderful, sweet lady! One of the girls that worked in the office I went to high school with for two years; she was a freshmen when I was a junior. She also got to go to Master’s this past Fall and we were in the same dorm which was really fun. Three of the people I was most excited to work with were a mom and her two daughters. I have known this family since I was 2 years old. The younger daughter, Elisabeth, is just a year older than me and we are childhood best friends. So, needless to say, I was stoked to get to work with all of them!!! =] I will be working with almost all of those wonderful people again so I am again excited to work with them.
For the month of June we will just be doing office work before the school program starts. Once the students arrive (they are in grades 6th-12th) in July, I believe I will be moving from working in the office to being a TA. I am really excited because I think I get to work with one of the same teachers I TA-ed for last year; she actually asked me if I wanted to be her TA again. I saw this as potentially a really good opportunity to build a relationship there and to maybe have the opportunity to be a light to her. Hopefully we will be afforded some good conversation opportunities during the 5 weeks we are working together.
So I am excited to see what the Lord has in store for me! I am sure I will have some funny stories of the kids as the summer progresses. =]
No comments:
Post a Comment