Last night we sang this song at youth group. I was again reminded of how encouraging and hopeful a song it is. Be encouraged as I was.
Come to Me by Aaron Shust
Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened
And I will give you rest
Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened
And I will give you rest
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me
For I am gentle and humble in heart
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me
You will find rest for your souls
You will find rest for your souls
Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened
And I will give you rest
Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened
And I will give you rest
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me
For I am gentle and humble in heart
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me
You will find rest for your souls
You will find rest for your souls
For My yoke is easy
And My burden is light
For My yoke is easy
And My burden is light
Simple but comforting lyrics. I LOVE how they are straight out of Matthew 11:28-30.
When we are weary; when we feel like we are carrying a burden that is greater than we can bear or when we feel that nobody else in this world can understand what we are going through...we can go to Christ. He understands. We can go to our Heavenly Father; we can go to our Savior and He will give us rest and peace. He might not take away the burden; He might not take away the trial we are going through but He will give us strength and He will give us peace and rest in knowing that He is with us. We MUST give our burdens to Jesus. We were not meant to bear them alone! That is one of the many wonderful things about our salvation! We have Christ to walk through life with; we have Christ to lead us and carry us; we have Christ to give us strength. He bears our burdens and we MUST look to Him for help.
If we think we can figure out life on our own or if we think we can walk through trials on our own we are sinning. Proverbs 3:5-6 says, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean NOT on your OWN understanding, but in ALL your ways acknowledge HIM and HE will direct your paths." Verse 7 in Proverbs 5 goes on to say, "Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord, and turn away from evil." When we do not seek the Lord for help and when we fail to trust in Him we are being prideful and puffed up. We are trusting in our own strength and wisdom. Verse 8 says, "It will be healing to your flesh and refreshment to your bones." It seems that the sentence structure of verse 8 is pointing back verses 5-7. "It," in the beginning of verse 8 seems to refer back to the command to trust God and not lean on our own understanding and not being prideful; when we fix our eyes on Christ and trust Him for guidance it will be a healing to our souls.
Christ will bear our burden if we go to him and humble ourselves before Him. He is more than willing to help us and give us rest. He is more than willing to bear our burden for us. We must humble ourselves and trust Him and His word.
"You will find rest for your souls..."
"I will give you rest..."
No comments:
Post a Comment