Encouraged by these verses:
"I will teach you, and guide you in the way you should go. I will keep you under my eye. Do not behave like horse or mule, unreasoning creatures, whose course must be checked with bit and bridle. Many are the torments of the ungodly; but unfailing love enfolds him who trusts in the Lord. Rejoice in the Lord and be glad."
I LOVE the comfort we can take in God keeping us in His care! He will always be there to care for us and will not let us ever be alone. Even when we are disobedient or unruly or unreasoning like the horse or mule that are mentioned, God is still loving and faithful to correct us (or check us) with different means. Even though we might not think He is being loving, we can rest in the knowing that He is actually disciplining out of love. (see Hebrews 12)
I LOVE the part of these verses that say "the unfailing love enfolds him who trusts in the Lord." When I think of be enfolded in something or enveloped in something it just sounds like it will completely surround me and not one part of my body will be free from its touch. =) (Kind of like jumping into a swimming pool...there is no part of our bodies that do not get wet. Unless of course you're wearing a bathing cap or something like that but that's besides the point. =P ) This is how God's love is for me and I can rejoice in that knowledge and have a glad spirit. I can even be glad when the Lord disciplines me because I can know that is part of His love enfolding around me...His love spreads to my sin because He wants to purify my heart of sin and make me like Himself - holy and righteous. He loves me so much that He cannot and chooses not to overlook my sin. Praise the Lord for His love!
No comments:
Post a Comment