I love how the Lord is so gracious and merciful! He is kind, gentle, and soooo patient with us!!! He gives us strength and the perfect amount of grace that we need for each day, each trial, each hard moment we go through.
I was particularly struck with this truth last week and it has been a constant reminder since then. One of my good friends sat me down and told me what her brother had told her to do when she was worry or anxious; she encouraged me to do the same. After she relayed what her brother instructed her to do, I realized that it was so very simple and yet powerful. It was to:
1) Pick a Bible verse or section that has to do with worry, anxiety, or some sort of verse that would be encouraging during a time of distress…a verse that talks about the power of God or His care for His children, etc.
2) Write down the section on a piece of paper or on a 3x5 card to keep with you and/or memorize the section.
3) Repeat that particular piece of Scripture to yourself over and over and over again when you start thinking about the situation, person, or struggle that is causing the worry, anxiety, etc. This will cause you to shift your focus from yourself onto God who is in control of all things. He knows the outcome of your situation; He cares about your future and His will for your life even more than you do. He will accomplish His will. We merely need to trust and be obedient to His leading.
The verse I picked last week is Psalm 43:5 which says, “Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise Him, my salvation and my God.” It has definitely been comforting to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment